Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Shrimp Gnocchi.

If you know me, you know I love shrimp and gnocchi, even more when they are together. One night, B and I decided to make gnocchi from scratch and oh my dog, it was such a L O N G process. I was hungry, crabby, and tired. We probably started at about 7pm and didn’t finish until 10pm. I’m sure it would have helped if we had the ricer (to save time), but wow… I don’t think I will plan to make gnocchi from scratch until I get the “proper” cooking tools – they would be a time saver!

Anyway, don’t sweat it if you are not able to purchase the cooking tools or have time to make gnocchi because your local grocery store may carry them pre-made!!! I have purchased gnocchi pre-made in the past and it was so simple to cook. More simple than spaghetti!

IMG_7255IMG_7256IMG_7258


INGREDIENTS:
gnocchi (i wanted to try whole wheat)
shrimp (any size)
red sauce (any flavor, I used basil)
cooking oil
walnuts
jalepenos
cilantro + green onions
dried oregano leaves
dried pepper flakes
minced garlic
salt + black pepper

How I made it: Please note that I hardly ever measure when I cook my own recipe. I just eye everything.
I boiled a pot of water then added the gnocchi until soft, if you’re unsure, follow directions on package. I drained the gnocchi then set aside aside. I then added cooking oil until it was hot, you can tell when you put a little garlic, if it sizzles, then start adding…. more garlic. Add jalepenos. Cook for about two minutes then add shrimp & oregano. Cook shrimp until it looks like a “C” then add the walnuts. Add cooked gnocchi, sauce, pepper flakes, green onions, cilantro, salt & black pepper.

And there you go.. I am very bad at writing recipes down as it always changes each time. And of course, you can always moderate the recipe/ingredients. :)

If you have any questions, just e-mail me (jeanyous@hotmail.com) or leave a comment below.

4 comments:

Mocinder said...

OMG RIGHT? Deb and I made Ggnocchi without a ricer and the first batch came out not so good so I ended up running the potatoes through a mesh sieve. It was hard work and I refuse to make gnocchi until I get that ricer, lol.

Btw your dish looks so YUMMY!!! Maybe I will have to get a ricer soon...

Miss.AishaLC said...

I LOVE Gnocchi!!! I used to eat it all the time when I lived in Italy :)

amber said...

WOW. this looks SO delicious! I LOVE gnocchi. Also, my kids love it, too, so it's just a crowd pleaser in our household. I seriously need to make it more. Wonder how my kids will feel about shrimp...

XO

Lovelyladyjb said...

I have a soft spot for shrimp too. I mean why is it so dang good lol