Friday, January 3, 2014

Frigid Minnesota.

While most kids were back in school yesterday from Winter Break, some will return Tuesday. Minnesota's Governor Dayton has declared that all Minnesota Public Schools (K-12) to be CLOSED on Monday, January, 6th, 2014 due to frigid temperatures that will drop to as low as -15. It will feel worse!! :(

Meanwhile... I will just reminisce on the last "warm" Minnesota winter... when it was about 43 degrees (F) and Brady and I took a stroll through the park...

Ya see how 40 degree (F) weather makes us so happy!!!

Don't get me wrong, I grew up in this Minnesota cold, but this is ridiculously cold and dangerous. I am that Minnesotan that goes out and enjoys our winter sports: snowboarding/skiing, sledding, ice skating, ice fishing, making snow forts, etc.etc.etc... :-)

In all honest truth... I just want to get out and enjoy the outdoors, but this kind of temperature sure will make me stay inside. I am not risking it. Nope. I will be patient....... Stay warm all!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't imagine your cold winters!
It got down into the 20s here before Christmas and everyone was in a panic. It was "the arctic blast" all over the news. Laughable to you hard core winter weather folks.
Stay warm!!