Monday, November 18, 2013

These Woods.

These woods never ceases to amaze me. I do not know when I will ever stop loving them. So much history here.

A funny story Brady once told me... He was playing in the woods and he comes across his cat. They gave each other a stare like, What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here... and kindly went on their own way... Oh Lucy. She was such a riot tiny kitty.

We came down here some days ago and went for a walk. The last time we came down here, we were attacked by a ba-zillion mosquitoes! Luckily, nothing stopped us from snapping away... =)

Building walls to prevent the spread of Asian Carps :( I hope they don't get beyond the wall. Scary!!!

My great idea to get Banh Mi. So good at 9am! Melts in your mouth!!!!

^ ^ The infamous "turtle pond." ^ ^

Those leaves! Last year, we went down there... maybe around this time... or a little earlier, I saw a bunch of these leaves and it was magical!! I did a quick Google search on them and I am thinking they maybe related to Populus Alba or something. I am not so sure, but all my tree lovers... Any idea?

Not sure how that happened, but it will happen. =D

I have been enjoying a lot of time out in nature as winter hits, I may be limited. It always brings joy to me. I was so pumped to do some exploring this past weekend, but I came down with some weird sickness... put myself in a dark room of quietness and fell asleep. It felt so good, but at the same time disappointing to be stuck in bed on a weekend. Really. Well, hoping for a great week and looking forward to clean the rest of the yard this weekend(kind of).

Good night.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I have always wanted to try Banh Mi. Where did you get yours from?

I went to a Mississippi River place in/around CR once with my aunt and we rented bikes, I want to do that again.