Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's over...

the four day weekend. the thanksgiving holiday. big sighs***



November is the start to endless celebrations until mid to late February. I am preparing myself for this. I woke up today at 6am with no nap! Still running full blast. Tomorrow, I am back to reality. . . kind of bittersweet. Needless to say, I had a great four day weekend. Thanksgiving was great! I participated in his family (mom's side of family) annual Thanksgiving football game also known as the Toilet Bowl in the morning. I totally am lame sauce... The ball was thrown at me twice and I dropped it twice. I guess, I should learn how to catch like my niece (as his two uncles stated)... she caught both of her throws... My aim on the other hand.... is another story! Everything was going great until B got real sick and we had to leave his father's lovely Thanksgiving Dinner sooner than expected. My poor sweet B has been getting tons sick this year! And you would think I would get more sick working with kids! Nope. I guess my body is just immune (knock on wood). The following day while some of you were Black Friday shopping, I joined B in bed as well as I got sick! Ick! Luckily, all that sleeping and ginger ale helped a lot because Saturday morning my younger sister cooked us a beautiful breakfast. Then we had our annual sister portraits done. This year we wore our Hmong clothes; however with my mom out of the country on vacation (so jealous, not really), we were kind of lost. Some of us were unable to get hold of our traditional necklaces and unsure what wrap went on first... But we did try out best and I hope she is proud of us at the same time, I know she'll tease us. ;)

Despite plans did not work as we had hoped for with friends due to him (and us) getting sick. . . I had a wonderful time (as usual). I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday! Now, let's get ready for Christmas photos!!!!!! Have a wonderful week!! :) ♥ J xo

3 comments:

Carla said...

Whatever that is on top looks delicious. Love the photos of you and your sisters in your Hmong outfits. Just love it.
Holiday bokeh . . . could there be anything better? Glad to hear you had a good weekend. :)

jessica renee said...

I love your sister pictures and the outfits are amazing! I'm sure your mom will be proud ;)

I looove that your niece has the bag of chips in her picture. haha So cute!

Janna Renee said...

I want one of those outfits! Those are so cool!