Friday, October 26, 2012

Linked 52: Memories

. . . Hellos!! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I have been looking through memory lane this week.

Anyway, the past few weeks has been rough. I don't know how to start and where to start so... here goes ~

When Brady was about eleven years old he found a kitten that became a part of their family. Their kitty, she is Lucy. ♥

Lucy lived in a big ol' house and her backyard was the woods. She roamed the woods and ruled the streets she walked.

She had a buddy named Mickey (his brother's Staffordshire Bull Terrier), they were buds and would nap together.

Somewhere along life, Brady became allergic to her (and cats in general).

Recently, Lucy became sick. . . =( and unexpectedly laid to rest.

She was loved. She lived a good, long, healthy life.


Here are some photos of her last days. . .


I never told Brady until today how I used to let her into his bedroom to hang out with me, but I would not allow her on his bed. That made him smile. She was a good kitty. And she will be truly missed.

She was a great cat and had a great family. ♥ ♥

xoxo


See what these beautiful ladies have to say about memories:
Carla, Stacey, Tracey, Heather, Kristin, Janet, Amanda, Rose, Tracy, Rhonda, Lena, Heather A., Veronica, Heidi, Liza, Jenn , Kristi, & Hanne

9 comments:

ZeldaMom said...

What sweet memories and I'm sorry for your loss. She looks like a real sweetie.

Rose said...

Sorry for you loss, she looks like she was a very sweet kitty.

ZeldaMom said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, losing a pet is horrible, even if she didn't live with you.
I had a cat named Lucy, what a sweetie she was. B's Lucy looks very young with those big round eyes.

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

What a cute kitty, so sad.

Tracey said...

What a sweet little kitty. It's hard to say goodbye to our furry friends. :(

Carla said...

Awwww. . . so sad. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. Sorry to hear it. Love the processing on these photos - kind of like a hazy memory. :)

Janna Renee said...

I love the last pic. Such an interesting point of view!

Hanne said...

I lost my cat 5 years ago - I still miss her! Sorry to hear about Lucy - are you going to have another cat?

Andrea said...

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Lucy. It's hard to loose the furry family members. xo