Friday, October 5, 2012

Linked 52: Colors

I had a few ideas for this theme and even took a few other photos of other objects... crayons & skittles, but then. . . I wanted to share this. . . ♥


As I have mentioned before, I love, love my Hmong clothes and the colors, but I don't really like the way I look in them. The more and more I think about it, I don't like the head piece on me. I just never liked it on me more than anything. It just does not look right on me. I could do without the head piece.

Hmong clothing, traditional or modern are just beautiful. You can see a few that my mom made for my nieces and sister here. Or for more visuals from Google, look here. Back in the day, women would stitch the patterns on the dress/outfit by hand, but more and more, you find them printed.

Oh yeah, I just completed this little "Color Project" as well with a few other ladies... You can see my colors here. =) And don't forget to stop by the ladies to see what they have for colors. I am excited! I love seeing colors! ♥ Carla, Stacey, Tracey, Heather, Kristin, Janet, Amanda, Rose, Tracy, Rhonda, Lena, Heather A., Veronica, Heidi, Liza, Jenn , Kristi, & Hanne

And if I don't have your name on here, please let me know so I could add you! :) xo, Jean


This also reminds me. . . Dear Sisters (K, L, M, D, & V), We should set up a date, obviously after Mary's post-pregnancy-monthly-fast to do photos in our Hmong outfits with Mommy! :) It has been awhile. I think Thanksgiving might be too much of a hassle. Plus, I think all the little girls will like it too!!! Let me know. =D ♥ J

7 comments:

Hanne said...

Oh Jean! I just LOVE your Hmong outfit - I actually love all traditionally cloths! So colorsful! Google'ed it, too! Wow!

Hena Tayeb said...

Loving all the beautiful bright colors.

stacey said...

These are beautiful! I would love to see you in them. :)

Tracey said...

These are beautiful! I read that book "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down". Have you read? My friend had to read it in medical school. So fascinating. I had never heard of Hmong people until I read that book. Such beautiful rituals and peaceful people!

ZeldaMom said...

They're all very pretty. I can't wait to see you and your sisters together in your Hmong clothing.

Heather M. said...

it looks so beautiful and colourful and detailed!

tracy said...

such pretty bright colors!