Friday, September 14, 2012

Linked 52: The Kitchen

Our kitchen is mostly square, dark, woody, old fashion, doesn't have a dishwasher and I like it. I may like it even more if it was not so dark due to all the wood (and faux wood). Maybe one day, I might decide to paint all the cabinets white/tan. Maybe.

Well, here are photos of our kitchen, or some of it. I am not much of a home decor person and sorry for the mess. Sometimes, I get lazy. . . .

Those curtains you see in our kitchen here. . . we picked the fabric and he happily sewed them. ;)

My corner of mess. . . I throw my craft mess over here when I need the kitchen table.

I am four feet nine inches tall and am too short to see out the window unless I am wearing my three inch heels which I sometimes do and don't ask why, Hahaha. // I make some pretty good coffee. One cup at a time. However, I need to practice making lattes.

I looooooooove these! So ideal!! They were already here!! :)

And yes, the majority of our cups are mugs! There are actually people out there that love us, most of these mugs are gifted. I broke most of our regular glass cups and the sad part is that I wasn't even consuming a fine craft beer or cheap wine. I can be so clumsy sometimes. . .

And so that's that... parts of our kitchen, or most of it. I love looking at homes and kitchens are a pretty amazing part of a home. Says a lot about a person (or at least, I think so). Anyway, I am excited to see what the other ladies have to share about kitchen. Be sure to check them out as well!! :) ♥ Carla, Stacey, Tracey, Heather, Jenn, Jessica, Kristin, Janet, Amanda, Rose, Tracy, Rhonda, Lena, Heather A., Veronica, Heidi, Andrea, Liza, Kristi, & Hanne

13 comments:

Heather M. said...

i just love peeking into everyone's kitchens. so cool! and i love those arched doorways too!

Just Rhonda said...

Great peeks into your kitchen!!! I think they say a lot about a person too!!

Amanda Kelley said...

You think your kitchen is messy? Come see mine! I love your arrows with captions, CUTE! And the B@W dreamy affect in the kitchen, super cool!

Heather said...

Love the vintage-y processing on these.

stacey said...

Love seeing inside your home and your kitchen. Love your collection of mugs!!

ZeldaMom said...

I love mugs, I got rid of all my old ones and swore I wouldn't buy anymore, because I thought I should be using the cups that go with my dishes...HA, I'm back to buying mugs, they're bigger and hold more coffee! My kitchen is dark too, the color of the wood isn't as dark as yours I don't think, but with the wood floors too, it get a little stifling. I sometimes dream of painted cabinets, but in reality, there is no way I could actually paint my cabinets, I'll just have to strip them and stain a lighter color (in my next life)
Don't you just love the arches?? We have them too, and when we remodeled (a million years ago) we had them put arches back in (they weren't very happy).

Carla said...

I always love seeing inside your house. It's a nice peek away from what you do after you leave us at work. It all suits you. I really love the fact that Brady sewed the curtains. He's so handy.

Janna Renee said...

You make it look so romantic ;)

Tracey said...

I love your little photo notes. :) And I loved seeing inside your home! And inside your cabinets. Feel like I visited your home!

Andrea said...

Love those mugs your boyfriend made. And I really love that mustache mug I see in your cabinet. ;)
So fun to see everyone's kitchens this week. It's like we learn a little bit more of you! :)

Rebekka Seale said...

I love the arches...we have them too!

Ieva Lasmane said...

Omg your mugs are so cute :)
Your kitchen looks so warm and cosy <3


http://ievishhh.blogspot.com/

ginanorma said...

oh how fun to get a sneak peek here Jean!!! Are you doing a series?

guess what?! I WENT TO THE SPYHOUSE!!! I need to go back though because i wasn't feeling well and i didn't have my camera:o I LOVE that place!!!