Friday, April 13, 2012

Linked 52: Work

Seriously, how many people do you know that say this or something very familiar. . . Work is never done at home?? There are endless projects to be done. Laundry to be put away. Dust to be dusted. A floor to be swept and mopped. The work is never ending. . . I am sure you can add on to the list.

This week, I was happy enough to put in a few minutes a day to complete a wall in our living room.


I purchased some little wooden hearts. . .


. . . and painted them. I painted three layers with acrylic paint. I allowed each layer to dry before adding on another layer.

And TADA!!!

That was easy work!! I put masking tape on back to hold. . .
I thought this area needed a little more love, as if there wasn't enough already.



Now. . . My work is done with this wall. I have three more walls to work on. I have drawn out all the ideas already and am excited to work on it. I am planning to work on one wall a week for the next three weeks. I am so excited!!! Finally, after three years. . . I am dressing up our living room walls.



You can check out what others had to share with WORK:
Carla, Stacey, Tracey, Michelle, Heather, Jenn, Naomi, Jessica, Kristin, Sara, Janet, Lesli, Amanda, Amanda, Rose, Tracy, Rhonda, Lena, Heather A., Veronica, Heidi, Amy, Andrea, & Liza

15 comments:

Carla said...

This is so perfectly you. I've been wanting to get some canvases made. Jealous. Keep up the good WORK. :)

Jenn said...

Love your wall! And you're so right about work in the home never being done....

Tracey said...

What a fun idea!!!! I love it when my walls come together. Feeling your elation! Hoping you post more photos as your work on your other walls.

ZeldaMom said...

Looks great..good Work!
I've been in my house for 35 years and I still have unfinished things.
:-)

Janna Renee said...

That is SUCH a cute idea! I have never seen anything like it! I'm going to have to Pin that ;)

I'm Veronica said...

Very cute idea, I love this!

Just Rhonda said...

That is CUTE!!!! I have an older friend that said that anytime she's ever felt like her home was "done" they had to move :)

sara said...

oh my! that is the sweetest idea ever!
i think i may steal it :)

Liza said...

How adorable is that? Oh, young love!!!

Naomi said...

OH my! What a cute idea! So fun :)

stacey said...

So cute. Love it! Love the canvas, too!

GlamorousGirl said...

cute!!!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Amanda Kelley said...

Oh wow! Amazing! I love this idea! Oh I just can't get over the cuteness! I have two old windows waiting for me to order photos for them! You have inspired me finally order lose prints!!!!

Heather M. said...

what an awesome wall! love how it turned out.

Heidi said...

Beautiful wall - I love that personal touch!

And it's so true - work around the house is never done. It's daunting sometimes.

I"m behind on my work post but I finally got it up last night!