Friday, March 9, 2012

Linked 52: Vegetables

If not all, most of the meals I cook, I use vegetables. Very seldom I cook without vegetables. I could maybe go a day without them, but for the most part. . . it has become an essential in my diet. The way I cook it or what I eat with it is a different story.

I love cooking snow peas with tomato. You can add whatever meat you like and if you do not eat meat, it is good without. Or you could try tofu with. Snow peas and tomato go well with white rice. Well, that's what I had it with :)


I am hoping we get a vegetable garden going this year. We have a lot of shade in our yard and have an idea of where we might put our veggie garden. Last year, I failed miserably on our little herb garden. I'll give it another try and maybe ask my mommy to help :) Or at least start it off for me :)


Enjoy reading more on what Linked 52 friends have to share for their Vegetable photos and stories :)
Carla, Stacey, Tracey, Michelle, Heather, Jenn, Naomi, Jessica, Kristin, Sara, Jante, Lesli, Amanda, Amanda, Rose, Tracy, Rhonda, Lena, Heather A., Veronica, Heidi, Amy, Andrea, & Liza

13 comments:

Jenn said...

I've never tried snow peas and tomoatoes together but now I will.

This year will be my first time doing our garden as well. My husband has grown one in the past but the last two years weren't great just because he doesn't have the time to devote to it. This year I'm ging to give it a go to take the pressure off him - help! :)

Amanda Kelley said...

I love the water on these veggies, adds a sense of freshness and yumminess! You photograph food wonderfully! Something I don't have the talent for!

Amanda Kelley said...

I love the water on these veggies, adds a sense of freshness and yumminess! You photograph food wonderfully! Something I don't have the talent for!

Naomi said...

Yumm, veggies with rice sounds delish. Everyone is reminding me how easy it is to add veggies to everything! And the realization that I probably eat more vegggies than I am aware of. Lovely photos. Welcome!

Tracey said...

Do you cook the tomato? Saute? I love snow peas too.

ginanorma said...

do you ever get to the nicollet mall farmer's market?
thee best!

I love this combo too....i hope you get your garden you want!

Andrea said...

Ok, now I'm going to have to try snow peas and tomato cooked-up and on rice. :)

stacey said...

Yum! I love snow peas and tomatoes!! Two of my favorites!

ZeldaMom said...

I love snow peas, tomatoes I only like in summer, when they are fresh. I usually end up picking them out of what I'm eating otherwise. They just taste sooo different when they're from the garden.
I picked up some seeds today and I'm getting excited to get in my garden.
Good luck with yours this year.

Heidi said...

I never thought of putting those two together. Yum!

Good luck with your garden!

tracy said...

every year i dream of planting a garden. i'm just trying to keep my little container veggie plants alive right now! i love the little droplets of water on your veggies.

Elle R. said...

they are healthy so it's always great to use them in your cook!! nice choice =)

Just Rhonda said...

mmm i love snow peas too!!!!