Sunday, November 6, 2011

DIY: cupcake toppers

Cupcake toppers --I've done this before for various occasions even on an ordinary Sunday. . . They are fun to make! Some people do not expect to have a cupcake topper on their cupcake after an ordinary Sunday fall dinner. They love it even more when it's personalize just for them <3 I love to make my family and friends smile :) It also makes me smile. It's so cheery!


Mocha Brownie Cupcakes



CUPCAKE TOPPER
You'll need:
  • paper (I used cardstock, you can use construction paper or other cute paper)
  • toothpicks
  • glue or tape (you could use hot glue gun for speed if you don't have time to allow the elmer's glue to dry)
  • writing utensils
  • scissors (I used plain & fancy ones)

    Now - - - > 1. Cut out a shape for your topper, any size you like with the paper you picked (image 1). Depending on you, you might want a back so the toothpick is not showing -in that case, put a layer on top & cut two at once. 2. Write a message or even draw on the paper you just cut out. 3. Bring the toothpick to the back of the written message and secure with tape or glue. If you want a back to cover it, apply glue on back and put the other layer of paper on top of it. Allow to dry. If you use tape, roll the tape so you can stick the other layer of paper on top of it. (image 2) 4. TADA! There you go. Your cute homemade topper! (image 3)

    BROWNIE CUPCAKES
    I was semi-home baking. You can bake out of a box or from scratch. Instead of putting it in a cake pan. . . I put them in my cupcake pan :)

    BROWNIE FROSTING -- MOCHA FLAVOR
    I found my recipe from this website. Coffee lovers may love this!!

    You can drink this with coffee and/or milk! So delish! My guests enjoyed it --the mocha brownie cupcakes! AND the cute cupcake toppers! :)
  • 7 comments:

    april@gingerbread said...

    so cute.....loves.

    Pang said...

    very cute. i love diy stuff.

    Jessica Renee said...

    Too cute! I've always wanted to make cupcake toppers but get too lazy I guess. lol

    jozen said...

    so cute! love :)

    abby said...

    this is a very good idea. I've been baking cupcakes lately and these toppers would be fantastic. Thanks for sharing the idea :)

    abby said...

    Crap my computer went crazy and I'm not sure that my comment went through, but I love this idea. I said that I've been making cupcakes lately and this is great to add on. I've seen the toppers at some stores and they can be pricey. This way you can customize it how you want.

    Jean said...

    Abby, it's probably things you have right at home :)