Monday, May 2, 2011

using leftovers

Brady would tell me how he used to go to his friend, Colin's late Grandma Marie's (please correct me if I spelt her name incorrectly) down south and she would cook 'em leftovers. She would call it, "Must-go" and I thought that was the cutest food name and everytime we try to cook anything opened before it goes bad, that would come up ad always brings a smile to Brady's face. I met her only once, but Brady always told me great stories about going to Grandma Marie's.

I bought a few packs of spinach awhile ago and they were still good, so with that I was able to whip up two dishes. I was getting bored of cold salad.


For lunch, I made pizza on whole wheat dough. Besides the spinach, I used leftover steak (which I sliced), and green olives (which we had as well). I topped it off with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.


For dinner, I made a pasta salad. You can obviously see evidence of spinach. Also added: diced red onions (yum) & green bell pepper, sliced almonds, dried cherries, cilantro, green onions, ham and poppy seed dressing. And of course, black pepper and red pepper flakes of your desired amount.

Cooking is fun and it's science! You can experiment with the ingredients! All these recipes are just made up, nothing I followed, just learning from past recipes. I get these ingredients that I think will taste good, chop it up, and mix it and TADA... not so bad.

No comments: